Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Strawberry Yoghurt Muffins

Baked these strawberry yoghurt muffins with leftover strawberries from my Tiramisu.

It turned out really nice and moist, with strawberry chunks in every bite. The almond flakes added an extra crunch, it was nice and toasted on top.

I bought some tart moulds from Jusco the other day and was thinking of trying out muffins in these moulds since we always use paper liners or muffin trays. Since I don't have a muffin tray, I thought using these moulds will create a pretty muffin with its fluted sides.

Original recipes uses blueberries, and since I wanted to use up my strawberries, I substituted the blueberries with them.



Fresh from the oven

Nice mouthful of strawberry chunks

Experimented baking muffins with these moulds

Strawberry Yoghurt Muffins
Recipe from here (thanks Florence)

Ingredients:
(A)
145g self raising flour (sieve)
1/2 cup fresh blueberries or more (wash and dry with paper towel) I used strawberries

(B)
1 egg (lightly beaten)
55g sugar
60g melted butter
2 tbsp milk
120g plain yoghurt
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

Method:
1. Mix (A) together.
2. Mix (B) together in a mixing bowl.
3. Pour (A) into (B) and mix everything in 5 strokes.
4. Spoon batter into muffin tray lined with paper muffin cups up to 85% full.
5. Bake at 190C for 20 minutes - 30minutes or till cooked.

4 comments:

MeRy said...

Yummy..

Kristie said...

thanks mery, try it when u are free!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Good idea Kristie, baking muffin in this type of mould.

I wonder do you still need to grease the mould before putting the batter into it?

Kristie said...

Yes Joanne, u still need to grease it, otherwise it might stick!