Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My new HOT babe!



I am very happy to own my very 1st oven, hopefully we'll serve each other for years to come! It's an Elba 42L electric oven, managed to squeeze this buy within my budget after I redeemed Jusco vouchers :)

Have baked many stuffs with it, but I'm still familiarising myself with this oven, like 'getting to know you', orientation stuff... I used to bake in a conventional oven, it's a microwave oven too. So this electric oven has more functions to it such as top/bottom heating elements, different rack positions etc, all these will matter if your bake turns out well or not.

Anyway, I can't wait to experiment more recipes with my new HOT babe!

13 comments:

MeRy said...

Looking forward for more new recipes ...

LittleLamb said...

how were u baking previously? or this is additional oven??

Kristie said...

Thanks mery, have u tried any of my recipes yet?

Rachel, I was using a conventional oven before I bought this :) It's actually a microwave oven :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Your new Babe has the same colour as mine..hehe.
Mine one is Pensonic brand.

Kristie said...

Yeah Joanne, most ovens come in this colour yeah?

How many litres is ur oven?

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Hmmm...Actually I have forgotten about it.

fifi said...

hi! i've recently bought an elba oven too, pretty much like yours i think :) problem is the manual doesnt explain much about the control knob. could you help me pleasee!
the top knob have convection symbol, wind, convection with wind and a big X. when baking, which one do i choose?
pls help!

Kristie said...

Yes Fifi, that is the problem with this oven.. the manual doesn't explain much!

I also did several trial and errors to use this oven.

I always on the fan while baking, can on both top and bottom heating elements.

Mummy Moon said...

I am looking for an oven too. How much is this oven ya? Is this okay for a beginner ?

Kristie said...

hi mummy moon! thanks for dropping by :)

Mine was priced at rm399, 42L capacity. I had cash vouchers from jusco, so I saved quite a bit! :)

I wanted a reasonably big one, so that u can bake many cookies/cupcakes at once.

What is ur budget like?

ChloeRuoyi said...

I have exactly this same oven too (a bit smaller, I think) It's still brand new, after sitting in my kitchen for nearly 3 months! I really suck at baking ler... dunno where and how to start haha!

Kristie said...

chloe's mummy, start with a simple recipe first.... then from there u can bake with more confidence :)

Simonne said...

me too i'm thinking to get a new oven from elba
so how do u find it ? Is it good?

simonneho@yahoo.com