Sunday, July 26, 2009

Chocolate cake-bread (no-bake)

I've always been intrigued by no-bake recipes, somehow the words 'no-bake' always attracts me. No-bake cheesecakes, cookies etc. It gives me the feeling that it's much easier than baking recipes hehe... Well, I have to say that not all of them turn out right though.

This teaches me not to just pick any random recipe from the web from unknown sources or sites which cannot be trusted, they don't give a ^%%$ about whether your bake turns out right or not! After all, you wouldn't want all your pain & sweat to go down the drain or right into the bin right!

Anyway, that is one of the reasons why I started this blog, to share recipes with friends who share the same passion as me. And all recipes that I've posted in this blog have been tried & tested by me, that is why every recipe is only posted once I've tried them out, always accompanied with a photo of the finished product. I've learned through the hard way, now I want my friends not to follow my footsteps :)

Ok back to this recipe, this chocolate cake actually makes use of bread, you can opt for white or wholemeal, it's entirely up to you. Choose a chocolate which you like to eat out of hand. So you can actually say it's more of a chocolate bread. Very interesting texture, extremely easy to make. Easy to satisfy any chocolate cravings you've been having ;)



Chocolate cake (no-bake)
Recipe from here

Ingredients:

6-8 slices of bread (shredded)
60g unsalted butter
120ml cream
3 tablespoon rum (use more if you want a stronger flavour!)
200g chocolate

*I used a loaf pan, line pan with aluminium foil, extra on the sides to lift up the cake easily later

Method:

1. Double boil butter & chocolate to melt
2. Once melted, remove from heat, stir in cream & rum
3. Add in shredded bread
4. Mix to combine (it'll be fairly thick)
5. Scoop into ready lined mould, press hard into mould
6. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
7. To remove, just lift up aluminium foil.
8. Cut & serve, enjoy! :)




Mix in cream & rum into melted chocolate + butter


Toss in bread and mix to combine

Press hard into mould

10 comments:

MeRy said...

It looks simple to make it...but yet delicious.Will try it out next time.

Anonymous said...

It's Really Simple.Thanks for Sharing this cake Recipe.Find out Some more Cake Recipes Here....

Kristie said...

Thanks mery! U should try it out if u have the ingredients, simple & delicious!

MeRy said...

Kristie..if I dun have RUM..what else can i change it to??

Kristie said...

Mery, rum is added for that 'kick' and adult flavour, but if u want to share it with Ryan, u can substitute with other liquids. Pls take note that other liquids will definitely change the outcome of this cake.

I would suggest plain or chocolate milk, juice also can.

Just remember that this non baked, so that flavours are very strong.

Try and let me know ya :)

MeRy said...

Kristie.....Thanks for the reply...So I can substitute the RUM with Choco milk???? JUst wondering will it taste Ok?

For the Cream,...may I know is what cream? Sorry for asking so many questions.

Think of doin it this wikend.

Kristie said...

Mery, it should taste fine with chocolate milk since it's a chocolate cake. You can buy cream from the supermarket, either heavy whipping cream, thickened cream etc, sold in packets.

MeRy said...

Kristie - Tq for the info...SOrry for bothering you..

Kristie said...

No worries Mery, have fun :)

Alisa@Foodista said...

Wow!A no-bake cake!!!Thanks for the recipe and tips! I'll make this soon!I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add your choice of foodista widget to this post and it's all set, Thanks!