Monday, June 1, 2009

Matcha Marble Pound Cake

Remember the Azuki beans which I made earlier? I've decided to make a matcha pound cake with the paste. I've always loved the marriage of matcha (green tea powder) and red beans. I love green tea ice cream with a nice dollop of red bean paste on the side, I love green tea flavoured of almost anything! Biscuits, cookies, cakes, ice cream, you name it... and I never fail to have a glass of green tea everyday. For the matcha, I was searching for it high and low for a long time before I finally found it in Carrefour at Tropicana Mall. I've seen it later at Juscos as well, they are not cheap though, a small packet/tin can cost from RM15 or more. Yesterday I saw a stall at Sunway Pyramid selling matcha in a tin that cost RM58!

Anyway, I found the recipe for this pound cake at Youtube, you can find it here. The guy on the video shows you the steps on how to make this pound cake, video instructions are much better and easier to follow! I find him pretty cute cos I've always liked guys that are domesticated and good in the kitchen :) I've taken the liberty to type out the recipe for you so that you won't have to scribble down when you watch the video!


Batter ready to go into the oven

Fresh from the oven, love the browning effects and the beautiful swirl marks


I love to play with my photos on this site, you can have fun with it too :)

People admiring my pound cake hehe


The chocolate flavour was stronger than the matcha flavour as I was a bit 'stingy' with the matcha, not using all of it hehe...

The red bean paste created a nice texture when you bite into the cake!

Recipe For Matcha Marble Pound Cake

(I used a 9-inch loaf pan)

Ingredients:

100g soft butter

100g sugar

100 plain flour

3g baking soda

2 eggs, beaten

50g chocolate, melted

5-10g matcha

1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcius, grease baking tin and sift flour and baking soda

2. Whisk butter till pale

3. Add sugar slowly till creamy and white

4. Add flour, fold into mixture gently

5. Divide batter into 2 bowls

6. For 1st portion, add matcha, 2nd portion add melted chocolate, mix well

7. Combine both mixtures alternatively in prepared tin, make a swirl to combine the batter to create a marble effect (I like this part, it's so fun!)

8. Bake for around 40-45 minutes

9. After 20 minutes, make a slit on the batter so that batter rises evenly

10. Bake till toothpick comes out clean.

Enjoy! :)


8 comments:

Mummy Gwen said...

The cake looks very nice and delicious. :)

Kristie said...

thanks mummygwen, u can try do if u have the ingredients on hand!

HN said...

Love your cake Kristie!!! Looks yummy and nutritious too :)

Fussy mum said...

The pound cake looks really nice!! Love the swirl marks too :)

Kristie said...

ya HN, i love green tea, so this cake fits my eyes and palette perfectly :)

thanks fussymum!

MeRy said...

Juz noe that u have another blog about yummy food/cake...

All looks yummy..

Fann said...

kristie, i think you will love the chocolate marbel cheese cake too....i tried it, send you the recipe next time :P

you are really into baking ...miss our baking days in our school day :)

Kristie said...

thanks mery, do drop by and share recipes too!

sy, do give me the recipe, will try it when i am free!

ya lor, i miss home econs days sooooooooooo much!!!!